Helms Heating & Air Conditioning, for over 30 years greater Charlotte’s leading HVAC experts, offers professional A/C troubleshooting when your system stops cooling as it should.
Our licensed air conditioning technicians have years of experience with all brands and the latest technologies, and use sophisticated techniques for troubleshooting your system and quickly pinpointing and correcting any problems.
Helms emergency service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to come to your location and perform troubleshooting on your A/C unit.
But should you decide to do your own troubleshooting, here are a few of the more typical A/C problems and ideas for correcting them.
• First, turn off the air conditioner and check the condenser coil to make sure it is clean and free of dirt and debris.
• Look for dirt which could clog the feed line and block up the system.
• Take a look at the unit’s outside condenser cover for any possible obstructions, then clear it from obstructing the unit.
• Look at the electrical breaker switch to ensure it didn’t flip off.
• Take a look at the compressor and make sure it is still on.
• Open the compressor panel to see if it has shut down. If so, it might need to be reset, in which case you should punch to reset button.
• Check the condensate pump for possible hose line leaks.
• Look to make sure the condensate pump is properly secured in outlet.
• See if the filter is dirty and clean if necessary.
• First, turn off the air conditioner and check for dirt in the evaporator coil. Check to ensure that there is no dirt clogging the fan.
• Look at the air filter to determine if it is clogged or dirty.
• Remove any dirt or debris.
• Try cleaning or changing the air filter if it is dirty. For optimal operation, the air filter should be changed or cleaned every month.
• Inspect drainpipe or hose to ensure there is no kink or blockage.
• If the pipe or hose is kinked or otherwise blocked, try removing any debris to clear the line. You should check and clean the line or pipe every month to ensure water is flowing freely to eliminate further problems.
• Inspect the drain for any holes.
If you still have an issue after carefully performing these troubleshooting steps, please call the Helms Heating & Air Conditioning professional technicians to locate and repair the problem.
Call Helms today at 704-821-6255 or toll free at 877-GO-HELMS (464-3567) for prompt, efficient air conditioning troubleshooting service.
Learn more about Helms A/C services.